Essential Business Writing
We chat with you before the course
We phone you to understand what you wish to achieve from your training.
Acquire CPD points
CPD is a recognised sign of course quality.
Receive free support
We’re keen to help you become highly effective at writing professional business cases. We’re here to support at your desk. Phone, email, or arrange a Skype session with us after your course.
- 1 Day
- 7 CPD points
- 9:30am to 4.30pm
- £395 + VAT per person
- 3 months free support
- Central London
- June 28th 2017
- July 20th 2017
- Sept 14th 2017
About this business writing course
By attending one of our business writing courses you will learn how to write with confidence and to persuade. You will learn how to write clearly, concisely and correctly.
You will be able to structure content, produce clear sentences and convey key messages. We even cover aspects of marketing which are crucial for effective business writing.
In particular, you will learn about features, benefits and advantages. You will also learn about words, sentences and phrases which motivate people to respond or act.
After attending the essential business writing course, you will be able to:
- Write with a new level of confidence and clarity
- Persuade with words and phrases
- Write attractive sentences which grab attention
- Use marketing terms as appropriate
- Apply basic psychology to your writing
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all those who work within a business environment and wish to learn how to write a business email, a business letter, a report or a proposal to grow their personal and professional development.
How will I benefit from this business writing training?
You will be able to:
- Create impact with written communication skills
- Match your writing style to business objectives
- Apply grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ensure key messages are conveyed to best effect
- Apply benefits in relation to features
- Write persuasively and greatly improve your writing skills
Outline of programme
- Business writing defined
- Thinking logically
- Making a strong start
Professional English writing techniques
- Improve grammar and punctuation
- Active and passive voice
Words, sentences and phrases
- Construction of sentences
- Words and phrases that attract
- Style of writing and tone
Headings and titles
- Well structured headings, subheadings and page titles
- Compelling words
- Organising key points
- Features and benefits
- Unique selling propositions
How to get attention
- Provide signposts to key messages
- Words which attract
- Apply customer focus
- Redundant words
- I me or myself?
- Who or whom?
- False subjects
- Meaningless modifiers
- Unnecessary adornment
- Strictly speaking
- Words which are misused
- Words which may be misunderstood
Business email writing
- Twenty one rules
- Personal action plan